This expansive tarot spread is based on one of my favorite books of all time. Margarettown by Gabrielle Zevin.
It’s a biggun’ so take your time working with it. Grab a drink and your journal, because you’ll want to write it down. Take a look at all the different facets you embody, from childhood to your present age and even into the future.
2. Margaron: Present/ lesson/ limit/ “curse”
3. May: Inner child, what continues to bring you joy, how you seem youthful
4. Mia: Surly teenager, youthful hopes/fantasies
5. Maggie: What you’ve experienced so far, what people admire most about you
6. Greta: Your shadow, what breaks you apart, what has to go
7. Marge: What will fulfill your unmet desires
8. Old Margaret: How you are wise, what brings balance
9. Porch Light: Crosses Margaron, what lights your way
10. N.: Maggie’s fiance and narrator, what/ who will complete you
or make a powerful, lasting change
11. Jane: What great + lasting things will you create or will inspire you
About the Book
It’s a surreal narrative about a woman who falls in love and introduces her fiance to her “family”. Turns out her family is made entirely of herself at different ages.
All the women live in a house, Margaron, in the town, Margarettown. They’re all named Margaret Towne. The women and girls are really different ages of the same women, Old Margaret, the original. They’re waiting to be freed and live their own lives out.
I cried while reading it.
The book is amazing, touched me the way almost no books do. It’s short but deep. Read it.